Sunday, April 14, 2013

Recycled and Reused Crate

There are a lot of projects on the internet for recycled crates and pallets.  So we decided to give it a try too. When I saw this crate, I fell in love with it!  I knew exactly it's purpose and where it would fit in our home. A shelf in our laundry area that could hold all our detergents for clothes, dishes and floors.

It was not in prefect condition, we had to change the base and make a few repairs but other than that, this was a pretty easy and fast project.

The condition of the crate when we first brought home.
Love the text at the side of the crate
Had to remove the foam from the box.
Had to remove the remnant of the foam by using a blade.
The crate had to be repaired here and there.
The broken piece.
A little nail and hammer did the job.
The broken based was removed.
Replacing the base with a thin plywood.
Our little laundry area.
It's up! We now have a laundry crate shelf!
The laundry crate shelf with a hook board at the bottom.
The laundry crate shelf now holds all the detergent.
A close up of the hook board.  It was priced at RM29.00 but
because it was missing a hook and the picture a bit torn,
I managed to get it for RM10.00 AND I suppose
it's a blessing in disguise as the 'missing' hook
is missing at the right place because of the plug point. 

6 comments:

  1. Amazingly innovative :-D You are really good at this sort of things -recycle and reuse. I take my hat off to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie. Anything to make this world a better place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephanie. Anything to make this world a better place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Corinne,

    Love the things you're making with the crates! Can I ask where did you buy them? I was told that there's a place somewhere in Ara Damansara but unsure where. I would like to get some wooden palletes too. Thank you!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em,
      I did not buy this crate, I found it an industrial area. If you are lucky, you can find some nice crates and pallets too either in Kota Damansara or Shah Alam. Not sure about Ara Damansara, but I do visit a place called Kedai Kaki Lelong that sells 2nd hand furniture to all sorts of things.

      Good Luck in your project!

      Delete
    2. Ich habe eine Seite gefunden wie kaufe ich bitcoins, die ich verdienen möchte. Was können Sie vorschlagen, welche Empfehlungen können Sie anbieten? Ich denke, es gibt erfahrene Spieler unter Ihnen.

      Delete