Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Tinge of Orange

We love the color Orange ... ok, ok, maybe I love the color Orange!  Not because I am of Dutch Descendant but because I think the color Orange is a very lively color!  So you can imagine if our new home has a little bit  or rather a tinge orange.  

In Feng Shui, the color Orange presents the fire element and it is best in suited for the living room, dining/kitchen and children's playing room.  This color gives you a playful, lively and pulsating energy.  It's  advisable to either accessories the color in decor or as a feature wall rather than a full room color.

For us, we've painted the feature wall in our dining room, inserted small square tiles in the entrance landing area as well as the kitchen.  We have also added the border in Orange for part of our kitchen wall.

I am not a risk taker, so to add this color into our new home, I think I made the right choice.  I know I like it and that is all that matters.

The small Orange tiles inserted at the entrance landing
Painting the dining feature wall Orange
Another one more coat to go
The kitchen flooring with the same small Orange tiles inserted
(Note : Kitchen cabinets not fitted as yet)
The Orange boarder at the kitchen wall









No comments:

Post a Comment