Wednesday, March 13, 2013

House Tour : Landing

Before you enter into the bedrooms, you'll find yourself in the landing area.  Normally, the landing area is for catered as a family hall.  Older houses have bigger landing area thus where the TV area is.  Unfortunately, newer houses don't have that luxury.  

Initially we have decided to put a comfortable rattan chair with a lamp and a small bookshelf for light reading.  However, now sits an old beautiful cupboard that I inherited from my Granny.  Above this cupboard, I place my altar.  Unfortunately this area is still in the cleaning up process, so no 'AFTER' photos can be show just yet.

We'll just leave you with the photos when they did the flooring and hopefully you'll be able to visualize the size of this landing.

The original landing with built in cabinets
During renovation, the right hand of this picture is the entrance to the 
Master Bedroom,  left hand side is the entrance to 
the Girl's and Boys' Room
The timer flooring in the process of installation



3 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I like the images. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend used timber flooring also. I can imagine yours looking as great. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asheville Painting : Thank you, yes more post to come.
    Stephanie : Thank you Stef, I think we made the right choice too.

    //Corinne

    ReplyDelete